As of March 30th, 2018, the state of New Jersey changed its medical marijuana program to include 5 new classes of diagnoses that are permitted medical marijuana certification in New Jersey. Not only have they added 5 new diagnoses, but instead of the very specific diagnoses as have been done previously, some of the new diagnoses are broad and allow interpretation. For example: there are many types of Anxiety, all are accepted.
- Chronic Pain Related to Musculoskeletal Disorders can be from any cause, for example: any chronic back pain or any chronic joint pain, chronic neck pain etc.
- Chronic Pain of Visceral Origin: Diverticulitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Chronic Dysmenorrhea (pain with menstrual periods), etc.
- Any type of Migrane: Common, Classic (Complicated), Cluster, Menstrual (Hormonal), etc.
Acceptable Diagnoses for Medical Marijuana.
Below is a list of the acceptable diagnoses for medical marijuana. The first 5 on the list are the new ones:
- Chronic Pain of Visceral Origin
- Chronic Pain Related to Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Seizure disorder, including epilepsy if resistant to conventional therapy
- Intractable skeletal spasticity if resistant to conventional therapy
- Glaucoma if resistant to conventional therapy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Terminal Cancer
- Muscular dystrophy
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
- Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
- Severe or Chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome which result from the condition or treatment of: Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome, or cancer.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Requirements to Certify a Patient for Medical Marijuana program.
Please call (908) 704-0100 for an appointment with Dr. Lon Goldberg. He is the only provider at Access Medical Associates trained to certify a patient for medical marijuana, and you must present on days when he is at the office.
- You must bring with you a copy of the medical records that contain your diagnosis for one of the debilitating medical conditions listed above.
- A government issued photo ID.
- $200.00 per visit cash.
- The visits are once every six months.